I've been musing again about my relationship to the universe. I am sure of one thing concerning my particular blog! I'm positive that I would not ever have tried to write any composition if I had not read "The Magic Mountain," by Thomas Mann. Perhaps two-thirds of my working vocabulary, and the impetus to learn more about my language is definitely credited to this excellent author. I think he convinced me that anyone who is going to try to write a piece they expect someone to pay scant attention to, must have a Thesaurus at the ready-hand! If there is anything that can cause a novel or essay to seem bland, I believe it is a dearth of substantial usage of the panoply of words available to express oneself!
As usual, I discover that I have so much on my mind that I want to attempt to convey without being wordy, but I'm up against Father-Time! Happy New Year, 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment